All automobiles are at risk of being involved in an accident. Having auto insurance can provide essential coverage to help pay for the associated expenses and reduce your out-of-pocket burden. The knowledgeable team at Academy Insurance Agency Inc. in Leesburg, Virginia, can help you find the auto insurance policy that meets your needs. Call us today at 703-777-2920 for more information.
How Does Auto Insurance Work?
Auto insurance, or car insurance, is an agreement between the policyholder and the insurance company. The policyholder agrees to pay premiums to the insurer, and in exchange, the insurer agrees to provide payments for losses covered in the policy (e.g., vehicle repair costs or medical expenses).
Policies vary, and certain aspects of those policies may be subject to deductibles and limits. Contact your agent for additional information.
What Does Auto Insurance Cover?
Policyholders can typically select coverages to add to their auto insurance policies, including:
- Liability insurance—This may provide coverage if you are at fault in an accident, and it may pay for legal expenses if you are sued. Two types of liability insurance are
o Bodily injury liability, which may pay for medical bills for third-party injures, and
o Property damage liability, which may pay for damage to others’ property (e.g., their vehicle).
- Collision insurance—This may provide financial protection if your vehicle collides with another vehicle or object (e.g., sign or fence) by paying for repair or replacement costs.
- Comprehensive insurance—This may pay for damage to your vehicle from causes other than collisions. It may cover losses due to events such as theft, vandalism, fire or striking an animal.
- Medical payments coverage—This may pay for medical expenses for you or your covered passengers if you are in an accident.
- Uninsured/underinsured insurance—This may help pay for your medical bills or property damage if another driver doesn’t have insurance or isn’t carrying enough insurance to cover the resulting expenses.
Other types of coverage (e.g., gap coverage, roadside assistance and rental car reimbursement) may be available to add to your policy.
It is also crucial to check state laws regarding auto insurance. For assistance, reach out to our agents. We can help you navigate policies’ coverages, exclusions and limits and help ensure you are securing the insurance you need.
How Much Does Auto Insurance Cost?
The cost of auto insurance depends on various factors, including your age, credit score, location and the value of your vehicles. Your selected coverages and driving history may also impact premiums.
The professionals at Academy Insurance Agency can help find the right auto insurance policy for you. Contact us today for more information or a car insurance quote.