Commercial Auto Insurance
Commercial auto insurance helps protect a company’s financial well-being by helping to pay for liability claims. Depending on your coverage, commercial auto insurance may also help pay to repair or replace company property.
Contact Academy Insurance Agency in Leesburg, Virginia, today to get a personalized quote for commercial auto insurance.
What Is Commercial Auto Insurance?
Companies that own vehicles may be liable for damages if an owner or employee causes an accident while driving during regular business activities. Commercial auto insurance helps cover third-party injuries and property damage.
How Much Commercial Auto Insurance Do I Need?
All vehicles owned by Virginia businesses must meet the state’s minimum liability requirements. If your company has auto loans, the lender requires full coverage auto insurance.
What Does Commercial Auto Insurance Cover?
Your commercial auto insurance coverage depends on the policies and limits you choose. Depending on details about your business and state law requirements, the following policies may be required or recommended:
- Liability insurance is required by the state of Virginia for companies that use vehicles for business purposes. Liability insurance includes coverage for third-party property damage and bodily injury coverage.
- Collision insurance helps cover damages to the covered vehicle after colliding with an object or another vehicle.
- Comprehensive insurance helps cover non-accident-related damages, including fire, vandalism, weather damage or theft.
- Medical payments/Personal injury protection coverage helps pay for losses, including medical bills if the driver of a company vehicle or passengers is injured in an accident.
- Uninsured/Underinsured motorist insurance helps pay to replace or repair your vehicle if you are in an accident and the other driver doesn’t have appropriate insurance coverage.
Your agent may also recommend additional commercial auto coverage or endorsements, including:
- Custom parts coverage
- Replacement cost vehicle coverage
- Roadside assistance
- Inland marine insurance
- Rental car reimbursement
- Hired and non-owned auto (HNOA) insurance
- Gap insurance
How Much Is Commercial Auto?
Your rates may be based on your company’s claims history, your location, the value of your company’s vehicles and the insurance coverage you choose.
The insurer sets your commercial auto insurance rates, which vary from one business to the next and may also vary by insurer. Your agent can help you get multiple quotes so you can get the best possible combination of value and coverage.
Get Commercial Auto Insurance Today
Commercial auto insurance is required in Virginia, so contact Academy Insurance Agency today to get help tailoring your company’s insurance coverage and get a personalized quote.