Trucking Insurance in Leesburg, VA
Commercial truck insurance can help provide financial protection for your trucking company. Contact Academy Insurance Agency in Leesburg, Virginia, to learn more about your trucking insurance options and get a personalized quote.
What to Know About Trucking Insurance
Virginia trucking companies and commercial truck drivers are subject to federal and state regulations dictating minimum liability coverage amounts. You may choose to add optional coverage to the commercial auto liability and public liability insurance required by state and federal laws. Liability insurance may help pay for third-party injury and property damage claims up to the policy’s limits.
Depending on your trucking company’s risks and exposures, your agent may recommend that you purchase the following:
- Comprehensive insurance may help pay for damages after an incident or accident where damage is unrelated to a collision, such as a fire or hitting an animal in the road.
- Collision insurance may help pay for accident-related damages to a tractor trailer after it collides with another vehicle or object.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance may help pay to replace or repair a tractor trailer if the responsible party is uninsured or doesn’t have enough liability insurance coverage.
- Personal injury protection coverage may help cover financial losses and medical bills if a tractor trailer driver or their passenger is injured in an accident.
- Trailer interchange insurance may help provide coverage for physical damage to the trailer and liability coverage for any damage or injuries caused by the trailer while the trucking company is hauling it under the agreement. The trailer owner typically requires this type of insurance as a condition of the trailer interchange agreement.
- Bobtail insurance coverage may help pay for damages if there’s an accident while the driver is using the tractor trailer for personal purposes or is not hauling a load.
- Cargo insurance coverage may help pay for damage to the contents of a load if there’s an accident while the cargo is in the custody and control of the tractor trailer driver or owner operator.
- Environmental liability insurance helps pay for cleaning up a spill that may contribute to pollution or is environmentally toxic after a qualifying event.
Trucking companies should work closely with insurance providers to ensure appropriate coverage to protect their assets and operations.
How Much Is Trucking Cargo Insurance?
Your trucking cargo insurance premiums are based on numerous factors, including the amount of coverage provided by the policy, your claims history and the type of cargo you haul. Insurers may provide quotes for trucking cargo insurance that vary widely, so it’s crucial to work with an experienced agent to get multiple quotes for this specialized coverage.
How to Get Trucking Insurance
Trucking insurance may be available from numerous insurers. Your agent can help you determine which company provides the coverage you need at the best possible rate. Contact Academy Insurance Agency today to start building your trucking company’s insurance plan.